The best way to experience an enriching TV viewing experience is to enjoy high-definition video along with high-quality surround sound streamed through the soundbars. And to enjoy the best features of your Samsung TV, it is optimal to pair it with the Samsung soundbar. Both these gadgets can be bought online, and there are many ways to pair them both, as discussed below.
Step By Step Instructions On Pairing The Samsung Soundbar With Samsung TV Through HDMI
There are several ways to connect the Samsung soundbar to the TV to enjoy a highly customized movie-watching experience. Here are step-by-step instructions for establishing a connection with the help of an HDMI port.
Connecting the TV through the HDMI port promises the best audio experience, as its cables transmit the sound digitally. You can either connect a BluRay player to the soundbar, connect the soundbar to the television, or use an Audio Return Channel to establish the connection.
- The first step is to turn off the television, the soundbar, and the external device (BluRay player).
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the television.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI out port to the soundbar.
- Take the second HDMI cable, connect the out port to the external device, and connect the other end to the soundbar.
- Turn on the external device and the soundbar.
- Press the source button on the soundbar until HDMI appears on display.
- Turn on the TV and change its audio sources to the HDMI port that is connected to the soundbar.
- Now the Samsung TV will stream from the Samsung soundbar.
Similarly, for establishing a connection with the help of the HDMI ARC, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Power on the television and the Samsung soundbar
- Connect one end of the cable to the ARC HDMI- IN port on the TV
- Connect the other end to the HDMI-OUT port of the soundbar
- Change the source on the soundbar to the D.IN setting, and the TV ARC will appear on the display of the soundbar
- Now the TV will play the Video and transfer the sound through the soundbar.
Connecting The Samsung TV And The Soundbar With The Help Of Optical Cable:
It is possible to connect the Samsung TV and the soundbar with the help of the optical cable that is similar to the HDMI cable and is capable of conducting digital sound.
- Keep the television, and the soundbar turned ON and connect one end of the cable to the outport of the TV
- Connect the other end of the optical cable to the Audio In the port of the soundbar.
- Press source on the remote and turn the settings of the soundbar to the D.IN setting
- Set the speaker output to external speakers on the TV with the help of a remote.
- Navigate to settings > press up> quick settings> right directional arrow> TV speaker> Change it to external speakers.
- Now the sound of the television will be played from the external soundbar.
Connecting Through Bluetooth
People love the convenience of Bluetooth, as it is a cable-free setup that eliminates the need for tangling cables. Pairing the TV and the soundbar through Bluetooth is indeed very easy and convenient as well.
- To initiate the pairing process, press pair on the soundbar remote control and let the display show BT.
- If there is no soundbar remote, press the source button on the soundbar until the display shows BT.
- Now the source is set to Bluetooth. And after a few seconds, the display will change to “BT pairing”.
- Now the soundbar is set to the pairing mode, and you can now use the TV remote to navigate to the source and select the connection guide.
- Select the audio device and select Bluetooth
- Select the type of device that you want to pair and follow the instructions on the screen to pair the devices through Bluetooth.
- You can also navigate to settings> select sound> sound output> Bluetooth speaker list> Bluetooth audio device> soundbar name.
- Now the sound from the TV will be played through the soundbar.
Pairing Samsung TV And Soundbar With AUX Cable
Though this is an ancient technique, it still holds good to pair your Samsung TV and the soundbar. But the sound quality will not be that good, such as playing through the HDMI port, as they make use of analog connections.
- Keep the TV and the soundbar powered on.
- Connect one end of the cable to the AUX IN jack present at the bottom of the soundbar.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Audio Out Jack at the soundbar
- Press the source button on the remote or soundbar to change the mode
- Set the soundbar to the AUX mode to stream the audio from the TV through the soundbar.
Further reading: How to connect Samsung soundbar to wifi?
1. What if the soundbar doesn’t pair with the Bluetooth device:
Bluetooth pairing is designed to be simple and easy. Put both the devices in the pairing mode and confirm PIN as desired. Reset or update the device and check for its compatibility.
3. What if the TV doesn’t connect to the soundbar automatically?
When you turn on the TV, the soundbar should turn on with it automatically. You may have to redo the pairing steps if there is a problem.
Soundbars have become indispensable to enjoy an excellent TV viewing experience. It is also pretty easy to connect the TV with the soundbar, and there are more than one ways to make this connection work. Place the soundbar below the TV if it is placed on a stand or mounted on the wall. This makes sure that the speakers do not block the screen and nothing obstructs the speakers. Do not place the bar inside the cabinet, or you will miss the surround sound feature.