A combination of a VIZIO soundbar and a subwoofer can help bring your audio experience to a whole different level. But what is the best subwoofer for a VIZIO soundbar?
Getting your hands on a subwoofer should not be that hard since there are a lot of subwoofers in the market today that show great features and design. But the number of choices can be a bit overwhelming. So to further assist you in your subwoofer quest, below is our top subwoofer picks.
The Best Subwoofers for a VIZIO Sound Bar
- Yamaha YST-FSW150 B 130W Advanced YST II Down-Firing Active Subwoofer
- Klipsch R-100SW 10″ Subwoofer, Incredibly Deep Bass and an All-digital Amplifier
- Polk Audio PSW10 10″ Powered Subwoofer – Power Port Technology, Up to 100 Watts
- Monoprice 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer
- VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer
- VIZIO SB3851-C0 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers
- VIZIO SB4051-C0 Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Rear Satellite Speakers
Created to be a down-firing active subwoofer, the Yamaha YST-FSW150BL aims to be your number one subwoofer choice for sound bars and more.
- Developed with the proprietary Yamaha Active Servo Technology II that allows it to deliver the rich and deep sound that you cannot get enough of.
- Created with a down-firing active speaker design that allows it to have an impressive 30 Hz to 150 Hz of solid frequency response.
- Can produce dynamic power as high as 130 Watts further raising your audio experience.
- Made with an ingenious linear port design that minimizes extraneous noise and gives you pristine audio every time.
- Designed to be rack mount-able so that you can experience great sound quality without sacrificing your space’s interior design.
In the event that you are in the market for a subwoofer that can enhance your VIZIO sound bar with rich and deep sounds; then the Yamaha YST-FSW150BL Advance YST II Down-Firing Subwoofer may be the piece of audio equipment that can end your search.
Klipsch R-100SW 10″ Subwoofer, Incredibly Deep Bass and an All-digital Amplifier
Polk Audio PSW10 10″ Powered Subwoofer – Power Port Technology, Up to 100 Watts
Monoprice 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer
You may also like:
We may be talking about subwoofers here, but you have to admit that you get great deals when everything comes in a neat package. That is why you may find the VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar with its own wireless subwoofer hard to resist.
- Wireless subwoofer that you can place wherever you want in the room for the ultimate sound journey.
- Hassle-free sound bar and speaker connection via Bluetooth that gives you the freedom to move the subwoofer about without fear of losing the connection.
- Easy-to-pair subwoofer that you can set-up with your sound bar in a breeze.
- Sound bar system comes with a 2.1 channel 38-inche sound bar and small yet powerful subwoofer that can produce up to 100 dB or clear sound with minimal distortion elevating your audio experience.
- Sound bar can decode a wide array of digital audio formats including Dolby Digital, DTS TruSurround, DTS TruVolume allowing you to enjoy amazing sounds without fear of incompatibility.
- Bluetooth technology that allows you to connect to your subwoofer, listen to your audio files, and directly stream your favorite tracks.
- Sound bar and subwoofers are made with high-class drivers that can give a sound quality you cannot imagine.
If you are in the market for a subwoofer that is literally made for your VIZIO sound bar; then the wireless subwoofer that comes with the VIZIO SB3821-C6 Sound Bar System may be the subwoofer that you are looking for.
Leading brands may be reliable subwoofers on their own; but there are still advantages in going for subwoofers that are intentionally made to pair with your sound bar like the wireless subwoofers from the VIZIO SB3851-C0 Sound Bar system.
- Top-tier subwoofer that lets you enjoy outstanding bass and low frequency sounds wherever you are in the room.
- Wireless subwoofer that allows you to have the maximum audio experience regardless where you put it in the space.
- Subwoofer with sturdy and effortless connection with the sound bar via Bluetooth giving you the freedom to place it wherever you want.
- Combination of sound bar and subwoofer gives you a sound quality that can fill your room up to 100 dB of sound with a harmonic distortion equivalent to a fraction of 1%.
- The sound bar package comes with the 38-inch sound bar with 5.1 channels, the compact wireless subwoofer, and the powerful satellite speakers.
- Sound bar has the capability to decode a wide array of audio formats including DTS Circle Surround, DTS TruVolume, Dolby Digital, DTS Studio Sound, and many more.
- Designed with an intuitive LCD display that allows you to have complete command of the system in a tap of a button.
Should you be in the market for a complete sound bar system complete with a reliable wireless subwoofer; then the VIZIO SB3851-C0 Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers may be the sound bar system that can put your audio quest to rest.
Did you say more stylish subwoofer and longer sound bar? The VIZIO SB4051-C0 is a top-of-the-line 40-inch sound bar with an accompanying wireless subwoofer and rear satellite speakers that promise to give you a complete immersive sound experience every single time you turn it on.
- Completely wireless subwoofer that gives you amazing freedom over the subwoofer’s placement within your entertainment room.
- Streamlined subwoofer that does not compromise aesthetics with functionality and sound quality.
- Durable subwoofer that allows you to pair it with the sound bar via Bluetooth without a hitch and place it anywhere you like without fear of losing the connection.
- The full system includes the mountable 40-inch sound bar, the wireless subwoofer, and wireless rear satellite speakers that can give you an audio experience unlike any other.
- The combination of the 5.1 channel sound bar, subwoofer, and speakers allows you to enjoy up to 102 dB of crystal-clear sound with virtually no harmonic distortions.
- Sound bar can decode a variety of audio formats including Dolby Digital, DTS Digital Surround, DTS Circle Surround, and DTS Studio Sound.
- HDMI and Bluetooth connection gives you the opportunity to enjoy your favorite tunes via handheld device, seamless streaming, and wireless playback.
Should you be in the market for a top-quality wireless subwoofer that comes with a beautifully developed sound bar with 40 inches of astonishing sound quality; then you may want to pick the VIZIO SB4051-C0 Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Rear Satellite Speakers for your home.
Sound Bars and Subwoofer 101: Some Entertainment Sound System Basics for You
Knowing the Subwoofer
A subwoofer or a woofer is a loudspeaker that is designed to pick-up and deliver low-pitched sounds that we have come to know as ‘bass sounds’. Bass sounds are important in the whole audio experience as it makes the sound richer and fuller.
Usual consumer products produce around 20 to 200 Hz of sound while professional live and THX-approved sound systems can reproduce sounds below 100 or below 80 respectively.
Subwoofer Purchasing Tips
There are a lot of things to consider before buying a subwoofer for your sound bar. But it can be summarized by these points: size, compatibility, and budget.
When it comes to subwoofers, or loudspeakers in general, the size of the equipment must match the size of the room.
In this sense, when you have a larger room a larger subwoofer to reproduce the bass sounds is better. This would allow you to be completely immersed in the sound and not miss the audio nuisances that the original studio track may have.
In the instance that you are trying to find a subwoofer to integrate into an existing sound bar system; it is better to first check their compatibility to ensure that both devices will work well together.
It may be a good idea to buy the subwoofer with the same maker as your sound bar so that you are sure that they will match well together.
Wireless subwoofers may be less troubling in this aspect as device pairing via Bluetooth is less problematic and easier to use than the wired ones.
There are a lot of subwoofers in the market which means you will have a lot to choose from. Setting your budget early on can help shave down your choices.
Value for money does not necessarily mean that you should go for the cheapest one out there; buy an expensive one with all the features you want and need by any means. But you may want to reconsider your choice if your subwoofer is essentially more expensive than your whole sound bar system.
Installing Your Sound Bar and Subwoofer
Whether you prefer one subwoofer over the other, knowing how to install it with your existing sound bar is an important piece of knowledge.
Instead of going into a long and confusing game of this wire is connected to this port; we opt to make it easier for you. So below is a simple video tutorial on how to install your subwoofer. We also threw an instructional video on installing your VIZIO sound bar just in case you need it.
The Bottom Line
At the end of inspecting the specifications and testing out the subwoofers, we think that we have to categorize the best subwoofer into the best subwoofer for a sound bar category and the best sound bar with subwoofer system category.
For the best subwoofer for sound bars category, we believe that the Yamaha YST-FSW150BL Advance YST II Down-Firing Active Subwoofer is the best choice.
Although all the subwoofers showed good features, the YST-FSW150BL proved to be a good-sized subwoofer that showed amazing functionality and connectivity which makes it a dependable subwoofer for sound bars VIZIO or otherwise.
But in the case that you would need a complete sound bar system with a great subwoofer bundled in; we think that the VIZIO SB4051-C0 Sound Bar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Rear Satellite Speakers is the best choice.
Out of the VIZIO sound bar systems with wireless subwoofers in the list; the SB4051-C0 is longer and together with its streamlined subwoofers and satellite speakers can produce up to 102 dB of great-quality sound with less than 1% of harmonic distortion.
We may have gone with the YST-FSW150BL and the SB4051-C0 as our top choices; but you are the only one to determine if these are the right subwoofers for you. What do you think is the best subwoofer for VIZIO soundbar? Tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.